CBD - Cannabidiol
PLEASE NOTE THAT EVERYTHING IN THIS BLOG IS BASED ON SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH AND FINDINGS. IF YOU ARE CONSIDERING THE USE OF CBD, PLEASE ENSURE YOU DO YOUR RESEARCH INTO IT AND DRAGON VAPOUR CANNOT PROVIDE USERS WITH ANY MEDICAL ADVICE.
What is CBD?
CBD stands for Cannabidiol and is a non-psychoactive chemical compound found in the cannabis plant. CBD can either be consumed orally or vaped using an electronic cigarette device.
What is CBD used for?
Its important to understand that a vape shop cannot give any medical advice about the use of CBD. CBD has been widely researched and been found to have a number of potential health benefits. These include:
- Natural Pain Relief - A lot of athletes with injuries and people with chronic pain are now turning to CBD to help relieve symptoms and aid in the injury relief process. One study published in the Journal of Experimental Medicine found that CBD helped reduce chronic inflammation and pain.
- Insomnia Relief - Insomnia is becoming very common and approximately 70 million people suffer from it in the USA. CBD is increasingly being used by people who suffer from Insomnia. A study in 2006 tried to establish how CBD affects the sleep-wake cycle. Researchers administered CBD to rats and found that in the day, the rats were more alert but that alertness didn't carry on into the night. This shows that CBD may help balance the sleep-wake cycle.
- Cancer - Research has shown that CBD appears to block cancer cells from spreading around the body and attacking an area entirely. Researchers are now pushing for further research in this area.
- Anxiety - Research has shown that CBD may help people who suffer from certain forms of anxiety, such as:
- Post traumatic stress disorder
- General Anxiety disorder
- Panic Disorder
- Social Anxiety
How Does CBD work?
Unlike THC, CBD does not get you "high" or contain any psychoactive components. In the human body, there is a endocannabinoid system which is made up of receptors. THC is known to activate the CB1 and CB2 receptors whereas CBD does not. CBD activates other receptors such as vanilloid, serotonin and adenosine. By activating these receptors, CBD is able to influence body temperature, pain perception and inflammation. CBD is also able to minimise the psychoactive effects of THC because it can inhibit the FAAH enzyme, a chemical compound that activates the CB1 receptor.
When CBD stimulates the adenosine receptors, it can reduce inflammation and anxiety. High levels of concentrated CBD is also known to activate serotonin receptors, which ultimately leads to anti-depressant effects.
CBD blocks the action of CPR55 which helps prevent the spread of cancer cells and decreases bone re-absorption.
How can CBD be consumed?
CBD can be consumed in different ways, including:
- Oral consumption
- Vape consumption
If you don't currently vape and would like to consume CBD, we would recommend the oral consumption because we believe there is no point starting a vaping habit if you don't need to. Vapers can enjoy CBD through CBD E-liquids which is usually CBD infused into an e-liquid.
Have you consumed CBD? Give us your feedback and comment below.
(CBD is not sold by any brand operating under Dragon Vapour)